BW-Go is a free trial software application from the Board subcategory, part of the Games & Entertainment category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-06-18. The program can be installed on Android.
BW-Go (Black & White Go) is a flexible, easy-to-use SGF editor to record, analyze, study and replay Go / Igo / Weiqi / Baduk games. A Gnu Go computer player is available as a separate download to play against Android.
Also, download the free BW-DGS plugin to play on the turn-based Dragon Go Server.
If you encounter any problems, please mail me. Any feedback is welcome, including suggestions for later versions!
- All tools in one screen, including comments
- Unique 'tether' stone and markup placement: play a stone and move your finger away to check and correct the position.
Fast for tablets, accurate enough for a 25x25 game on a 320x480 screen!
- Correction for involuntary movements while lifting your finger
- Adjustable screen colors
- Use the BW-DGS plugin (separate download) to make your moves on the turn-based Dragon Go Server! Check it out on the Play Store for details.
- Use a bot player (separate download) as an opponent or analysis helper. The bot is activated as just another tool, to be used in any SGF!
Check out BW-Gnu Go on the Play Store for details.
- Study joseki while analysing your games using embedded Kogo's Joseki Dictionary, March 6 2013 version.
KJD included by courtesy of Alexander Dinerchtein, curator, and Gary Odom, originator. http://waterfire.us/joseki.htm
- Landscape support on both phones and tablets
- Record your own games
- Game review/study: replay a game on the board while the app only accepts the game moves. Ask for hint: show 5x5 square containing next move (size adjustable in settings)
- Score and score estimate (manual marking of dead stones)
- Easy creation and browsing of variations without unnecessary pop-ups
- Mark moku with letters, digits and shapes
- Game editing: add and remove stones, correct earlier moves (checks if this results in impossible moves later)
- Supports game collections in single SGF, like the ones at http://webdocs.cs.ualberta.ca/~mmueller/go/games.html
- Also supports old SGF formats (pre-FF). Please report any incompatible SGF's!
Tags: Go, Baduk, Weiqi, SGF
BW-Go (version 4.8.1) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 9 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of BW-Go since it was posted on our website on 2013-08-22.
The latest version is 4.8.1 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2017-06-28.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2015-06-18
=== 4.8.1 ===,+ Markup and Score/setup tools directly available in bot games,=== 4.8.0 ===,+ Joseki transposition and black/white exchange,+ By popular demand: Goban sounds [setting]